What is Fair Trade?
Fair trade is believed to be making a significant positive impact in the world, but what is it?
Fair trade connects disadvantaged producers with consumers, promoting stable pricing and decent working conditions. It empowers these workers to combat poverty and take more control over their lives.
The Word Fair Trade Organisation prescribes 10 Principles that Fair Trade Organisations must follow in their day to day work:
- Create opportunities for economically disadvantaged producers
- Transparency and accountability
- Fair trading practices
- Payment of a fair price
- Ensure no child labour and forced labour
- Commitment to non-discrimination, gender equity and women's economic empowerment and freedom of association
- Ensure good working conditions
- Provide capacity building
- Promote fair trade
- Respect for the Environment
Angelco Accessories products identified in their description as "Fair Trade" items have been sourced from producers and suppliers that follow the above principles. You can can enjoy knowing the beautiful jewellery and accessories you purchase are helping to change lives in other parts of the world.